The holiday season is actually a great time to sell a home. Rates are low, fewer homes are on the market, and a lot of buyers need to close by the end of the year.
With the holidays approaching, myself and Corinne Wallace are often asked questions by folks this time of year that are thinking of selling. They want to know if selling now in LA and Orange County is a good idea, or if they should wait until after the new year.
In our experience, now is a better time to sell than if you wait. There are five different reasons why:
1. Interest rates are still low. There is a chance that they will go up in December when the Fed meets. Locking in a low rate now is smart.
INTEREST RATES ARE STILL LOW, BUT MAY GO UP IN DECEMBER.
2. There are typically fewer homes on the market, giving buyers fewer to choose from.
3. Homes that are decorated for the holidays really sell quickly.
4. There are buyers that want to buy and close before the holidays. December is actually the top month for closed home sales.
5. The buyers looking to buy during the holidays are very serious. There will be fewer looky-loos coming through your home.
If you or someone you know is looking to buy or sell a home in Long Beach, LA, or Orange County, give us a call or send us an email. We look forward to hearing from you.